Thinking about how to reduce the number of emails that find their way into my inbox. I listed out the different ways I manage my emails and thought I’d put them into an article of some sort. I never got round to it.
Here’s my top tips…
- Filter out newsletters. Every month I clear down and unsubscribe
- Do email at set times in the day.
- Use the inbox as a to-do list. It stays there until it’s done.
- Archive threads by printing to PDF and filing. WHY? Important contract stuff might be lurking in there.
- Use snooze (only for emails that need a thoughtful reply).